Tuesday, 14 January 2014

28 before 28

In previous years, I've written 'Life Lists' as opposed to resolutions in preparation for the year ahead - writing down things I'd like to achieve every day, every week, in 6 months time and by the end of the year. From small things like improving my eating habits, to bigger moments like moving to South London, passing my driving test and taking a trip to New York, this method worked for me because it always focused on what I wanted to accomplish; I never denied myself of anything and I never pressured myself into completing it.

For 2014 I thought I'd change the game up and challenge myself to a 28 before 28 list - a list that will hopefully make my life that little bit more awesome and maybe even improve the lives of those around me. Do we share any goals this year? Let me know in the comments below!

1. Discover a new restaurant once a month
2. Travel somewhere new
3. Get another tattoo (or two...)
4. Take advantage of the theatres on my doorstep
5. Visit my home girl in Lisbon
6. Ride horses with Charlie
7. Go to more gigs
8. Make a scrapbook
9. Balance a healthy mind with a healthy body
10. Learn to knit
11. Learn how to make the perfect chicken gyoza
12. Sleep somewhere magical
13. Take a dance class
14. Make a substantial start on my savings
15. Bake as often as possible
16. Volunteer
17. Take a road trip to Scotland
18. Develop a skin routine (and stick to it!)
19. Spend more time with my family
20. Write, write, write
21. Enter more competitions
22. Cook something new, often
23. Host a dinner party
24. Explore London
25. Spend a week performing random acts of kindness
26. Do the clear out to end all clear outs (and stay organised afterwards)
27. Be inspired by Pinterest and craft more in 'real life'
28. Spend less, wear more

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great and (more importantly?) fun list!

    Have you seen Siobhan at Bless the Weather runs knitting classes http://blesstheweathershop.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! And yes, Siobhan lives just down the road from me so I'll definitely be taking one of her knitting classes this year :)

      Delete
  2. My resolution is to see you more, hot stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with lots of these, especially the travel related ones (really want to go to Edinburgh this year and to explore more UK cities) and go to more gigs! Knitting is addictive, I warn ye now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edinburgh is a must - I haven't been for years! Thanks for the warning :)

      Delete
  4. I also would love to take a road trip to Scotland! Really want to do one across the US but finances probably won't allow it this year but I've never been to Scotland so would love to make it up there and see more of the UK.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took some great trips last year Laura, I'm envious! I don't think Charlie and I will make it across the pond in 2014 either (apart from the long weekend in Lisbon) - when you do decide to go to the US, let me know if I can give you any tips! Scotland is so beautiful and I haven't been since I was a kid. I want to stay in a castle…x

      Delete
  5. I like your list! Somehow, we have a lot of goals in common :) My list is a 27 things before 28.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jesse - it's nice to know someone else shares my goals :)

      Delete

  6. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is William David,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete